Saturday, September 4, 2010

Chapter 13: Making the Right Choices for Your Life


I have been enjoying being in the mountains of Colorado this summer. Thanks to BRC I was able to spend a few days in Vail and hike around the mountains. The aspen forest was amazing. When I returned I was reading a newsletter I received and this affirmation that was included:
"On this day, I will receive all that brings me joy and light and love. I will not allow this day to destroy my dreams, my hopes, my wants, or my desires. I embrace this day with the fullness of my divinity and no other way shall it be. For I no longer choose to learn the hard way. I no longer choose to run into the brick wall in my manifestations, in my reactions, and in my beliefts. I choose with the dignity of a Being of Light" Being of Light, I love this. "But I will fly with winged freedom above what keeps me so limited. For it is only I and not another that clips the wings of my soul and of my dreams" For me that is what this cosmic consciousness is all about.

Chapter 13: Making the Right Choices for your Life. We need to keep our minds attuned to the Spirit within. The Law of Choice states "Life is the Experience of Your Choices". How is this related to karma? Is our life predestined? If I now view the laws from a higher perspective, following my inner guidance given a choice will I do it the way I have choosen in the past or will I choose a higher way, that of the Spirit within me? This law of choice is telling us that if we wish to change our lives, we must change our choices. We have no choice for we always choose from the level of consciousness that we hold at the time of our choice, so if our level has not changed, the result will not change. If we wish to choose a higher way, we must prepare ourselves by working to raise our consciousness from the present lesser patterns to the perfect patterns in accord with our inner guidance. The real choice is to choose to change our consciousness.

The Master Law of Attunement: "If you will be my people, I will be your God". God can be whatever you choose to call the Creator, the divine within, Spirit. This law implies that if we choose to depend on ourselves-our wills and our ideas, manipulating or trying to control others-that is all we have. If we put our faith and trust in Spirit or the Creative Force, as a co-worker, we will be taken care of. I love being a co-worker with Spirit. I remember when I was young and the phrase to "instill the fear of God". I do not think I am to be fearful of the Divine forces. As Bill often reminds me, it is about love, not fear. How much more can we accomplish with love instead of fear? As you put Spirit first you will be cared for. Are you willing to accept yourself as a goddess that is your birthright to be? If you so choose Spirit is bound to the relationship by this law and becomes your source and supply. The choice is always yours.

The Law of Supply: Seek...First the Spirit within and all things shall be added you have need of. How do I seek the Spirit first? The book states I need to tune in to its frequency (vibration). We receive what we are attuned to. I think I miss alot by being distracted by things of the world. How am I to hear if I am not listening? This chapter states we can learn to attune to the vibrations which are the essence of the God force within us. As we attune to the Spirit, we are establishing a relationship with Spirit. The kind of relationship depends on you. This can be a very intimate relationship if that is what you wish. Several methods of attunement are discussed: Meditation; Prayer; Study of Dreams; Service to Others; Define Your Life's Purpose; Establish your Ideals; Laws of Guidance. My motto for this year is Onward and Upward..."I will fly with winged freedom".

1 comment:

  1. Is our life predestined? In my writing class we were studying "Oedipus the King" whose life was doomed by a prophecy told before he was born. So our class discussion: how can Oedipus' character be defined if his life was predestined? I raised my hand commenting, "One's character is not defined by what happens to a person, but rather what they do, how they react". It is correct that to make different choices and have a higher view takes so much effort.

    "If you will be my people, I will be your God". Remember during our sleepover when I mentioned how everywhere nowadays, when talking about a higher being people always clarify, "God, the universe, whatever you want to call it..."
    I laughed because you are speaking exactly what I was talking about, awesome.

    I like in the last paragraph that you included "study of dreams" in the methods because I find you and I speak so much of our dreams whether we are trying to entertain, or find insight to our unconscious selves.

    ReplyDelete