Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chapter 14: All the Answers



We are beginning the process of closing up Carpenter Mountain for the winter. I can't believe how fast this summer passed for me. Fall makes me feel "feisty", Jillian laughs at that, but I do feel so much more energy. I love the warm days, the cool nights, the colors, the food, and so much about this time of year.

I think we as human beings are always in search of answers, I know I am. Where do I find reliable sources for my answers? So many times I look outside of myself when the answers were here all along. Jillian and I were talking about how it is easier to see solutions to a situation when you are not emotionally or physically involved. How do we attune ourselves to the solutions? This is what this next chapter addresses.

Chapter 14: All the Answers. The Universal Laws can guide us to reliable sources. The book addresses three laws that define how to get the guidance you need. The first law of guidance is "Seek First the Spirit Within and You will Find". If you know you have a need, you then can seek an answer. The law does not operate if you rely just on yourself for the answer. The search needs to be on a spiritual level in order to seek the pattern we wish to manifest. Our mind can then build from this perfect pattern, the perfect result in the spiritual, mental or physical. This result will be right for us and for others. It will have come from the higher source within us that knows all there is to know. I need to trust in Spirit and the Universal Laws rather than in self and expect to find what I seek. This seeking needs to be in a balanced manner and be open to receiving answers from many different sources. I need to remember I am a unique individual and what is right for me is not necessarily right for someone else.

The second Law of Guidance is "Ask the Spirit with Faith and You Will Receive" The book defines faith as the ability to perceive that anything is possible through the infinite power and wisdom of Spirit working through the Universal Laws. The answer to every problem is to discover the truth about it. That sounds simple enough, to find out the truth about it.  Sometimes it depends on who's truth.  I need to make sure it is the truth for me.  The only viewpoint from which I can see the truth and learn its lesson is to reach a consciousness that is higher than the one from which I created the problem. To go higher I must seek Spirit.
Spirit knows what I need but leaves it up to me to invite it to be a part of my life by asking. In this way Spirit knows I are willing to make use of whatever I request. By using my mind to decide what to ask I am working as a co-creator.

The third Law of Guidance states "Knock, With Faith in Spirit, and the Door will be Opened". You knock by accepting and using what you find or receive. You have the free will, the final decision on whether to use what you have found or received. If you do use what you have received or found your consciousness will be opened to a greater understanding and to a higher consciousness. Sometimes it is a matter of letting go of things that were previously safe for us. Again, trusting in the Divine Wisdom to do what is perfect for us at that time.

How can I help myself to be attuned? The book suggests prayer, meditation and faith, but recognizes that we each will have our own way. I need to be attuned to listening the answers, to expect answers if I have earnestly seeked guidance. Be aware that no matter what form of guidance you use, your strongly held opinions and prejudices can distort the results if you are not fully attuned. Know that guidance from Spirit will never condemn nor judge you or others or suggest that you take advantage of someone or require that you harm yourself or another in any way-any such advice would not be from your Higher Self.

The book offers a warning through this transition phase. "Through the thousands of past choices you have made, you have established your life as it exists today. You have yet to experience the results of many of your choices. Once you open yourself to a higher consciousness, you will have the opportunity to deal with many of the experiences you have created. Life may suddenly seem to be filled with more and greater difficulties. Remember though, you are not alone, you have new strength and guidance."   I know that I can tend to take the easy path, but when I am willing to do the necessary work, the results are far greater and more meaningful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment