Monday, September 16, 2013

You are studying what?

Today is August 22, 2013.  I haven't written in this blog for quite a while and decided it was time again.  So much has happened since my last entry-I got married, retired, started a two year certification course from the Four Winds Society in Luminous Healing and Energy Medicine, started wood turning and am working on the ranch full time.  

I have included this picture of a fox as I feel it is my animal totem.  I see a lot of foxes.  I even saw one in our subdivision in Henderson, Nevada.  The fox spirit is called upon when you find yourself stuck in any sort of rigid thinking to help you escape.  The thought is to be in the flow and not to worry.  We possess all the skills necessary to adapt to whatever circumstances life throws our way.  I will be posting a variety of fox pictures just for fun.  

I got married to a man I have known for 35 years.  I said I really didn't need to marry again unless it was for financial reasons.  I realize that doesn't sound very romantic, but at my stage in life it was realistic.  Turns out it is very positive on many levels including health insurance and many other benefits, besides I love the man in a ridiculous manner.  We married quietly, at the Justice of the Peace in Las Vegas.  It was just right. 

I retired.  Truthfully, I retired from driving 53 miles each way to a work place that did not serve me well anymore.  It is wondrous not to be driving that far anymore.  I do miss the people I worked with and the paycheck.  I am working full time on Bill's ranch in Colorado which is a different kind of labor.  We do forestry work, cutting, thinning, stacking, chipping, etc.  Weed control which involves spraying and cutting, but first identifying.  Fence repair, house maintenance including a deck repair and driveway repair this year.  Everything that goes into maintaining 300 acres.  It feels good physically at the end of the day to be tired.  

Wood turning.  How did you learn to do this?  You Tubes.  It is amazing what you can learn by watching You Tubes online.  Also just experimenting.  I have made my share of firewood.  I make pens, letter openers, coffee scoops, ice cream scoop, pizza cutters, back scratchers, vases, light holders, shavers, rattles and bangles.  Pretty much anything that has a handle.  I use both wood and acrylics.  I usually make the vases out of Aspen and give them as wedding presents.   

Light body School:  Luminous Healing and Energy Medicine.  Which brings me to the subject of this blog and what I will be writing about in the future.  I have always had an interest in various methods of healing.  Bill bought me a Kindle.  On the Kindle you can explore different books and topics.  I read a book about Shamanism.  Kindle recommended Alberto Villoldo's books.  I read Shaman, Healer, Sage and thought wow! I am aligned with this.   I then read the Four Insights and Illumination.  Dr. Villoldo wrote of The Four Winds training.  I researched and thought I would love to take this course,  so I signed up to take the two year program.  

3 comments:

  1. What Does the Fox Say?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
    Hope this makes you smile...check out their other video about Stonehenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crazy Norwegians. That was great. I also watched the one on Stonehenge.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did smile. ;). We missed you this weekend. Enjoyed seeing your pictures of Italy. Hope we can visit you in SF sometime.

    ReplyDelete